Tapu ve Sıkça Sorulan Sorular


A TAPU is an official document which shows you have ownership rights over the real estate. The owner's full name and photograph, and detailed information on the asset appear on this document. 

The TAPU has to be sealed with a stamp in the central part at the bottom and this section has to be signed by a TAPU officer. 
The picture of all owners are to be suffixed to the top-right of the TAPU, it has to be sealed with a stamp and signed by the TAPU officer.
Whether a property does belong to a person can be checked through the pictures and names appearing on the TAPU. If the TAPU is a Xerox copy, then make sure it has been ratified by a notary public.
Otherwise, a fake TAPU might have been handed over to you. With regards to the names, you can ask for the ID card of the seller(s) and compare the TAPU to the ID card in terms of names.
It is very wise to check your Tapu to make sure you own what you think you own. Check before you buy and also check when you recieve your Tapu, If you are not entirely sure what everything means this may help:

Meaning of the terms on a TAPU:

Term : Meaning
Ana Gayrimenkulun : Description, location and cadastral coordinates of the main land
Ili : City
Ilçesi : Town
Mahallesi : District
Köyü : Village
Sokagi : Street
Mevkii : Area
Pafta No : Sheet number
Ada No : Plot/block number
Parsel No : Parcel number
Niteligi : Feature (whether it is a building land, vacant land, or cultivated land...)
Yüzölçümü : Area/size of the land (summation of the figures shown for the three pameters below should add up to the total size of the main land)
Kat Mülkiyeti : Ownership of the independent unit which is ready to use (flat, house, office etc built on the main land)
Kat İrtifakı : Ownership of the independent unit which is not ready for use yet (either because of an on-going development/construction work or due to the fact that usage permit from the municipality has not been gathered yet)
Devre Mülk : Fractional/timed ownership (the independent unit is owned just for a certain period of a year)
Bagimsiz Bölüm : Information about the Independent Unit (the property subject to the use such as a flat, house, etc) on the main land
Satis Bedeli : Actual purchase price of the property (Make sure that actual amount is written in this section. Otherwise, you may encounter very serious legal problems including being accused of money-laundering and/or be subject to severe financial penalties due to a tax evasion. Please do not forget the collect the documents to justify that you exactly paid this amount to the seller)
Arsa Payi : Land share (what proportion of the land belongs to the independent unit)
Blok No : Block (Building, Mansion, Lodge, Court, House) Number
Kat No : Floor Number
Bagimsiz Blm No : Independent Unit Number
Edinme Sebebi : The reason why the property is being acquired (From whom to whom the property has been sold and any other relevant explanation)
Sahibi : Name(s) of the current owner(s) 
(More than one person can own the same property. In this case, their respective shares are to be shown in this section. The respective shares are illustrated in terms of the proportion of the main land. 
For example, suppose that a flat which possess the ownership of 10/456 of the main land on which the complex is based and that the flat is to be owned by three person named AB, CD, and EF with shares of 20%, 30%, and 50%, respectively. Then, these names and their respective shares are shown on TAPU as follows: 
AB: ab: 2/456 hisse, 
CD: cd: 3/456 hisse, 
EF: ef: 5/456 hisse, 
where the word hisse means share and ab, cd, and ef are the names of fathers of those persons)


Where in Turkey can foreign nationals buy?
Freehold property or land may be purchased by the above listed foreign nationals, from a Turkish national or another foreigner, provided the property is in the local district.

What documentation will I need ?
Your passport is the only documentation you will need to purchase a property in Turkey.

Can I get a mortgage in Turkey to finance my purchase?
Yes, Foreign Nationals are now eligible for mortgages or other financial borrowings depending on the property they wish to purchase. Contact us for further details.

How will I pay for my purchase?
Most customers arrange finance through their bank or finance company prior to travelling to Turkey or arrange it as soon as they return home.

Do I need to open a bank account in Turkey?
No, you do not have to as you can transfer the money straight to the seller's account from your bank back home. However, most people do open bank accounts so funds can be transferred prior to travelling and so funds are available for contract completion and it is beneficial so you can arrange your direct debits to pay utility bills. We will assist you if you wish to open an account.

As a property owner, do I need to register for Tax in Turkey?
Yes, but this is a very straightforward procedure, which we can guide you through.

Can I get house and contents insurance in Turkey?
Yes, many well known international insurance companies and local Turkish companies offer building and contents insurance. Earthquake Insurance is now compulsory in Turkey and is readily available and a straightforward transaction.

How will I set up Utility Services - Gas, Electricity, and Telephone?
As part of the buying process we will assist you to do this. There are one off set up costs - Telephone Lines are not currently offered to non nationals but Mobile phones with Pay As You Go Cards are readily available.

How will I pay these bills when I am not in Turkey and if the property is being rented?
We will guide you to open a bank account and you need to set up a direct debit so that all your bills will be paid even if you are not in the country.

Is satellite TV available in Turkey?
Yes, a wide range of satellite TV services are available in Turkey to view European TV channels.

Will I be able to rent my property on long term or short term basis and if so what can I expect to get for the rental?
Turkey is an increasingly popular destination for Europeans, and resorts are also popular with Turkish tourists during the summer months. Long term Rentals are normally on a 6 month or 1 Year Basis. 6 month rentals would normally only be for summer months, so if you want to use your property then long term options would not be feasible. Properties can also be let out on a daily and weekly basis. Prices are property and time of year dependent.

If I want to sell my property in Turkey, are there any restrictions and what are the costs?
Resale costs would be approximately 5% comprising of sales tax, local documentation and legal fees. Property may be sold to Turkish, or foreign nationals without restriction. Because of the change in law (Decree 32 August 1989) the lira is now convertible so proceeds of the sale of a property can be converted to whatever currency and subsequently transferred to any country you choose.

What are the medical and dental care facilities in Turkey?
Turkey has both public and private facilities available. Private facilities are to a very high standard and costs are approximately 40-50% cheaper than other European countries.

Can we get private health insurance in Turkey?
Yes, Private Health insurance is readily available in Turkey and costs again are considerably cheaper than at home. Individuals who are travelling to Turkey for 3 months or less and hold private health insurance at home should be covered, but please check this with your Insurer before travelling. For those looking to spend longer periods of time or retire in Turkey, then we would recommend that you explore the Global Policy currently on offer with VHI or are covered by an Insurer in Turkey.

Can I will my property to my beneficiaries?
You can make a Turkish Will and leave your property to your beneficiaries, however if you don't make a will, all property goes to your next of kin.

Are there capital gains tax charges or any other taxes if/when I sell my property in Turkey?
Capital gains from the sale of a property are taxable in Turkey if the owner is a Company. Individuals do not have to pay capital gains, provided they have owned the property for one year. If your normal place of residence is UK and you are categorized as a normal tax resident, then capital gains may be taxable in UK. Where a double taxation agreement does not exist with a particular country, there are provisions within the UK Taxes Acts which allow unilateral credit relief against UK tax for tax paid in the other country in respect of certain types of income (e.g. dividends and interest). Please note that New Taxation agreements with Argentina, Turkey and Ukraine are in the course of negotiation. We would recommend that you consult with a tax expert in UK on this matter prior to selling your property.

Can I bring my pet to Turkey?
Yes, currently you can bring one cat, one dog, one bird or ten fish to Turkey by obtaining a certificate of origin and a certificate of health not more than 15 days prior to travelling. Airlines will also need to be advised of your intention to bring a pet with you when booking your flights. However, please remember that pets will be quarantined if you are returning from Turkey.

What legal representation should I have when buying a property in Turkey?
Under Turkish Law, no legal representation is needed when buying or selling a property in Turkey as all documentation issued by the Land Registry Office is legally binding in its own right. Gold Sun properties will manage the entire buying and selling process on your behalf but some individuals feel more comfortable having legal representation.